Even when you understand the state laws of Wyoming related to personal injury claims, you should avoid proceeding ahead without an attorney on your side. Insurance companies and the other party at fault will try everything to shrug off responsibility. No matter whether you were injured in a car crash in Cheyenne or suffered the result of medical malpractice, hiring a lawyer is the best way to protect your rights. Besides ensuring that you don’t settle for less, the lawyer will consider all legal options. If you are hiring a Cheyenne personal injury attorney for the first time, here are some facts to know.
- You can get a FREE case review. One of the first things potential claimants want to know about is the worth of their case. The good news is most of the top lawyers in Cheyenne will be happy to review the claim, and you don’t have to pay anything for the first meeting. This is an excellent opportunity to know whether the matter has merit and whether you should take further steps.
- You DON’T have to pay an hourly rate. People often don’t want to hire injury lawyers because they are worried about the costs. Personal injury claims don’t require an hourly rate. The lawyer will usually take a contingency fee, which is a fixed percentage of the final compensation. You don’t need to break your finances to afford legal representation.
- Not all lawyers are the same. There are numerous law firms in Cheyenne, but not all attorneys have the experience to handle different cases. If you are comparing your options, ensure to find a lawyer who focuses on similar and specific issues. For instance, an attorney may know everything about auto accident claims but may lack the same expertise in product-defect-related lawsuits.
- Lawyers cannot guarantee an outcome. No lawyer, regardless of how long they have been practicing in Cheyenne, cannot promise an exact settlement. Beware of law firms that claim big things on day one. While lawyers are great at negotiating settlements and know the process better, there are many things that are beyond their control.
- Your lawyer should have trial experience. You would hope to settle your injury claim, but many cases go to court for diverse reasons. If you are hiring a lawyer, ensure they have adequate courtroom experience to represent you at trial.
Call a lawyer immediately after your injury in Cheyenne.